AA Ireland. Report Highlights 2.47% Increase In Annual Cost Of Running A Home

After dropping for the first time in four years in 2015, the annual cost of owning and maintaining a family home has risen again to €16,611.14 – equating to about 45.39 per cent of the current average Irish national wage, according to figures issued today by AA Home Insurance. The AA carries out a detailed […]

Property Tax Rate Increase Averted in Tipperary

Sinn Féin Tipperary has lashed out the attempt to increase the Property Tax rate in County Tipperary by 10%. They say it was unjustified, and represented another hit on home-owners, and are proud Sinn Féin have done their part to block it. On behalf of ordinary Tipperary people, the Sinn Féin councillors said: “Todays Council […]

Tipperary County Council to receive €23.32m for Local Services from the LPT

Alan Kelly, T.D, Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government, today (4 September, 2015) announced that Tipperary will receive €23.32M from the Local Property Tax. The Government has agreed the Local Property Tax (LPT) Allocations for 2016;  80% of LPT will be retained locally to fund vital public services in 2016. The remaining 20% […]

Cllr. Séamie Morris says that We were sold a pig in a poke on Property Tax

It has always been my contention that the people of Tipperary were being lied to all along in regards the Property tax being used to fund local services. In fact North Tipperary county council  website still shows the fairytale headline “Household charge Funding your local services” The recent announcement that the money generated by the […]

Revenue letters to property tax boycotters contrast with softly softly approach shown to multinationals and criminal bankers

Labour will pay dearly for overseeing money being taken from those least able to pay Responding to the issuing of another tranche of letters by Revenue to PAYE workers threatening that their employer will be imminently instructed to deduct the property tax from their wages, Ruth Coppinger from the Campaign Against Home and Water Taxes […]

Hypocrisy of double standard taxation system highlighted by Campaign Against Home and Water Taxes occupation of Revenue Office in O’Connell Street

Protesters chained to furniture in building Less than a week before the deadline for registration for the property tax and the reality of industrial scale tax avoidance by prominent multinationals with the connivance of Ireland’s political and financial establishment has been laid bare. The  CAHWT is currently conducting a peaceful occupation of the Revenue Commissioners office […]

Property tax “totally unnecessary” say campaigners

Campaigners against the property tax have said that the tax, which is being boycotted by huge numbers of people, is “totally unnecessary” and that the government should scrap it “unless it is prepared for a major battle with an angry public.” “The government has claimed it hopes to raise €500million from the property tax,” said […]

“Government and Revenue Commissioners’ spin and intimidation will not break property tax boycott”, says Campaign

They have played for President Obama and have enjoyed chart success all over  the world . Their international hit “There’s no One as Irish as Barack Obama” has reached over ten million YouTube hits while their song about Susan Boyle’s Cat called “I’m Pebbles Boyle, Spare a thought for me” is rumoured to have moved […]

“Revenue figures show very low uptake on registration for property tax” says Campaign

The Campaign Against Home and Water Taxes (CAHWT) has said that that figures released yesterday (Wednesday 24th April) by the Revenue Commissioners show “ a very low uptake on registration for the property tax.” “Less than one-eighth of households have registered at this stage,” said Michael O’Brien, CAHWT spokesperson.  “When we take into account that many of […]

MEP calls on people to join tomorrow’s protest to ‘drive wedge’ into Labour Party over Property Tax

* Labour in disarray, major protests can increase internal divisions * Protests will focus on ‘weak link’ of the government Socialist Party MEP, today called on people to join Saturday’s protest against the property tax at 12.30pm at Parnell Square, which has been organised by the Campaign Against Home and Water Taxes: “Over recent weeks […]

Next Page »